Watching the trends in modern furniture

21.9.11

Copenhagen Design Week

At the start of this month the Copenhagen Design Week took place - a whole week of talks and presentation featuring mostly Scandinavian design.

As a big fan of Scandinavian furniture design, I was extremely dissapointed that I couldn't go - and geography kept us apart. But luckily some feedback from the events gave me the chance to learn about some great new designers - and I got some great ideas for my living room, which I am currently redorating (when am I not). Here are some of the things I wish I'd managed to get too.

Four Design - clean lines at their best, this event showcased the work of Christina Strand and Niels Hvass, personal favourites of mine.

Interstuhl - Are you passionate about chairs? I am - and so are the people behind interstuhl, which means a passion for chairs. The designers behind these chairs drew inspiration for the chairs from international trips, and that's exactly what I love about design: it's functional art in everyday life.

We:Do:Wood - Scandinavian design largely revolves around the use of high quality wood, so I think this event would have been at the top of my list, with the up and coming Danish furniture designers behind the event discussing to mix functionality with beauty and susainability.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Contemporary Living Room Design, AllRightsReserved.