Watching the trends in modern furniture

14.5.11

Shining a Light on the Effects of Wall Lamps


Shamefully, lighting used to be the last thing most people thought about when decorating their living room.

I have to admit I have done it myself - choosing colourschemes, couches and carpets used to seem far more interesting. Matching lampshades and a couple of table lamps could be found after the job was complete.

But my eyes are open now -lighting can set the tone for an entire room on its own. Take these wall lights for example. Not only can they give the room a pleasant glow somewhere between glaring light and the dull glow of a lamp - they add a modern focal point to the room and add a hint of interest to plain coloured walls.

They aren't too expensive either, so a brilliant way to update a room for cheap. This has kicked off something of a lighting project, as I'm now going to experiment with other ways wall lamps can enhance a room - you could say I've seen the light.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Contemporary Living Room Design, AllRightsReserved.